Fri, Mar 18|
Online Event, Webinar
Studying and Living in Japan (Kyoto) by Aung Khant Nyar Kyaw
Coffee Hour Knowledge Exchange Session about "Studying and Living in Japan (Kyoto)" by Aung Khant Nyar Kyaw
Time & Location
Mar 18, 2022, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM GMT+6:30
Online Event, Webinar
About the Event
📌 Summary of event:
We usually hold this event privately to share knowledge regularly with our openfor.co/fellowship community. This is one of the benefits you can get as a fellowship community member. For this event, we decided to make this one accessible to the public in order to encourage participation and gain insights about our openfor.co/fellowship programs and events. Pls come and join if you are interested and want to exchange knowledge with founders, team members, and other community members. We will have this session once after 3 weeks at 6:30 PM Japan Time and at 4:00 PM Myanmar Time.
📝 Title and Agenda
Studying and living in Japan (Kyoto) by Aung Khant Nyar Kyaw
👩🎓Brief Introduction of the Speaker
Aung Khant Nyar Kyaw, Evan, is a participant of the first batch of the fellowship program of Openfor.co in September, 2020. He worked as a member of the planning team and took part in the selection process of the next batch. At that time, Evan was a third year civil engineering student of the Yangon Technological University.
Currently, he is attending the preparatory course of the Kyoto University International Undergraduate Program, with the full scholarship of MEXT and is expecting to join the undergraduate program at the Faculty of Economics in April. Today, he will share about the life of a foreign student in Kyoto, Japan.
📅 Date : March 18th, 2022 (Saturday)
🕑 Time : 6:30 PM ~ 7:30 PM JST ( 4:00 PM ~ 5:00 PM MMT )
For Zoom Meeting Link, we’ll attach it in the mail after you’ve registered for the event
- Introduction to Japan
- Education in Japan
- Top Universities
- Introduction to Kyoto University International Undergraduate Program
- How to apply for full scholarship at Kyoto University (International Undergraduate Program)
- Entry procedure and covid-19 measures of Japan
- Student Experiences at Kyoto University
- Life as a foreigner in Japan
- Part-time job (baito) opportunities for students in Japan
📌How to Join this event
(1) Register the event
(2) Please join with the camera open if your connection is stable.
(3) For Just in case of an unstable connection, please make sure to upload a photo that includes your face to your zoom profile picture
(4) We would like to request you to enter the Zoom Meeting at 6:30 PM JST time. sharp or earlier since we will need to check the participants. We will start to open zoom at 6:20 PM JST.
(5) After joining the zoom, please update your zoom name with your full name
- Fluent English (Preferable)
- Hit the event going either Fb or Linkedin
- Stable WiFi or Internet Connection
⚠️Please refrain from joining without preparations and clicking the event going
👏This workshop is basically free to all.