Wed, Aug 03|
Shibuya (the Hive)
Startup Fundraising AMA with VCs & Founders + Networking @Shibuya(the Hive)
Learn the ins and outs of fundraising
Time & Location
Aug 03, 2022, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Shibuya (the Hive), Japan, 〒150-0041 Tokyo, Shibuya City, Jinnan, 1-chōme−6−５ ドレステリア
About the Event
Do you have a startup that needs funding? Do you want to learn how startup funding works, what you need to do before trying to raise funding, and where you can go to get it? Then join us for this Tokyo fundraising workshop, which will provide practical, step-by-step advice. It will feature talks from entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses, and investors actively funding businesses. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more. We will have a networking event.Speakers :
- Lu Dong : Founder and CEO of TakeMe
- Chiamin Lai : Managing Partner of UB Ventures
- Daniel Maggs ( CEO & Co-Founder, Bisu)
- Erdinc Ekinci, Co-Director of Founder Institute Japan, Co-Founder, and CEO of Openfor.co
- Yu Li Shein, Co-Director of Founder Institute Japan, Co-Founder, and CEO of Openfor.co, CEO of Silicon Valley Branch of Global Innovation Consulting Inc.
- More Speakers are coming Soon more TBD
- Hive : Beautifully designed workspace located in the heart of Tokyo, complete with private offices and meeting rooms.
- Openfor.co: Openfor.co is a partnership development platform, we help startups and businesses to increase their revenues, reduce their costs by building partner programs and help them to find and intagrate other partner programs.
- Founder Institute : Founder Institute is Silicon Valley-based the world's largest pre-seed accelerator program has launched the 2022 Virtual Accelerator Program in Japan. You can find more information and how to apply for Japan Chapter here (https://fi.co/japan)
1000 yen for the venue, includes one drink and snacksWho Should Attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their startup
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early stage businesses and products
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a "fundable" company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
- and more...
- Welcome and Socializing
- Talks from Entrepreneurs who have raised capital, and Investors who fund startups
- Question and Answer
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Discussion and Networking